Super Bowl Party - Bauer's Pure Rush Miami - Venues

Super Bowl Party: Home
Super Bowl Party: Heaven - The Miami Party
Super Bowl Party Venues : The Havana Club & Bricks
Super Bowl Party: Tickets and Contact
Super Bowl Party: Directions
Super Bowl Party: About Pure Rush
Super Bowl Party: About Bauer's Limos
Super Bowl Party: Pure Rush Blog
Super Bowl Party: Video Channels
Super Bowl XLI: Tickets






Friday, July 07, 2006

About Giulia Colbacchini - By Andy Vogel




Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified


Where and when were you born?
I was born in Rome, Italy on March 7th, 1973.

What is your profession?
I am a woman of many professions!!!! I like to think of myself as a multi-talented, multi-tasker modern woman who does it all (or tries too!)! In my past, I have worked as a technical recruiter and as a financial planner but destiny brought me to the fitness world where I found my niche as a Yoga Instructor and Personal Trainer.

Were you involved in sports or fitness prior to bodybuilding and how did you get started with weight training?
Growing up in Italy as a chubby girl I was never encouraged by family and friends to embrace any fitness activities (the gym was not very popular in Italy) but instead I was always pushed to eat less to loose the extra weight. Of course that alone did not help me and upon moving to the USA at the age of 18, I started gaining even more weight. A combination of cultural shock, loneliness and depression were to blame for those extra 50 pounds I piled on my 5”5’ frame! Plus, working full time in my parents’ Italian Restaurant sure did not help at all! When I reached the cracking point I decided I needed help-professional help!- I hired a Personal Trainer and worked out a whole year to loose my first 20 pounds!! Proud and happy I then stumbled into an unconventional Yoga Studio, called Monkey Yoga Shala. There I discovered that I was extremely flexible but that I needed more upper body strength in order to accomplish some of the inverted poses. If I could lift myself- I thought- I could do all kinds of other things with my body!! Needless to say I was about to discover a muscular, strong athletic body buried under all that fat! I started weight training shortly after I got certified to teach Ashtanga Yoga, the two disciplines have merged since and gladly balanced each other out. The weight training keeps me strong and hard while my yoga practice keeps me flexible and softens up my figure. I have been lifting weights since 2003….and loving it!!!

Was it a goal for you to compete in bodybuilding competitions right from the beginning or was it something that grew in your mind as time went on and you saw the progress in your body?
As a kid I always loved the attention and glamour the stage gives out and I always dreamed to show off an incredible physique but It was never in my intention to compete in bodybuilding competitions when I started lifting weights. It was purely to gain more upper body strength and to compliment my Yoga practice, then, as I started seeing the results and the progress I got hooked! My body changed shaped drastically and I was falling in love with my new body!!

Can you give me your competition history?
My first show was the 2004 Contra Costa BB Championship, unfortunately I did not qualified and I was cut out of the top 5 Heavy Weight Category. That just added fuel to the fire!! I came back the next year and at the 2005 CC show I took 2nd in my class (Heavy weight). I then chose to fine tune my training and participated 2 months later in the San Jose BB Championship and took 1st in my class (Heavy Weight). I decided then to train for the CAL the next year (2006). So I trained all year, gained about 10 lbs of lean body mass and showed up stronger then ever!! Two weeks earlier I even showed up at the 2006 CC as a warm up show! This time I won my class (heavy weight)!! Two weeks later at the Cal, I won my class again and it was sure a very close call for the Overall title…but not this time, need to ‘tighten’ up…said the judges!!

Which contest has been your biggest success; which has had the most meaning to you?
The CAL was for me the biggest accomplishment because I trained hard all year, trying to bring up a few body parts that were lacking behind the year before (hamstrings, calves and biceps) and showed up at my best shape ever!!

Please tell me something about your training routine (ie: how many days per week / training split /cardio, etc.)
I love training! I love watching my muscles contract under pressure!! I like to focus on each body part once a week. I do my shoulders on Monday, legs on Tuesday, back and biceps on Wednesday, chest and triceps on Thursday. I do cardio 4 times a week 30-45 minutes with core strength conditioning. I also have my Yoga practice 3 times a week on Monday, Wednesday, Fridays. I rest on Saturday and Sunday!

What is your favourite exercise in the gym and which one you don’t like so much?
I love working my shoulders and back!! I am so strong now that it has become quite fun to challenge myself with heavier weights. Legs…well…that has always been a big b@%$&!! So exhausting!!! It is not my favourite but I have even had to double up on them in a week to bring them up to part with my upper body!!

Which body part is your best in your opinion?
My back and shoulders!! I got wings and the widest shoulders !!! Baby got back!! It has always been my strength. I got the widest back for a woman, my lats are gonna take off soon!

If you don’t mind would you give me some stats (best lifts and some body measurements)?
I always shy away from stats cause they really mean nothing when it comes to how your physique looks. But, since I am proud to be strong AND BIG here some numbers: my best bench press was at 275lbs for 4 reps. I can lift 65 lbs dumbbells shoulder press, leg press up to 630 lbs 8 reps and squat 250 lbs 4 reps. As for my body measurements…well….let’s see, my chest 41”. Waste 30”, hips 40”, biceps 16”!

What do you enjoy about training for competition....what do you enjoy about the 'off season'?
Training for a competition it’s like preparing for a Broadway Show! The lights, the stage, the cameras, the tan, the glaze…everything it’s so glamorous. You take care of every little detail cause when you go on stage you got a few minutes to show off all you have worked for!! Exciting!! Plus, people cater to you making you feel like a star!!
Off season, the pressure of having a perfect physique is off. I like the off season period cause I feel stronger and I can train harder and longer plus…did I mention I can eat MORE FOOD!!! And I am not shy when it comes to cheating on my diet off season…cause I am thinking….” I worked HARD and I can afford it! So enjoy it!”

Please describe a typical day in the life of Giulia Colbacchini.
I wake up grateful for such energetic and athletic body! I preferably do my cardio first thing AM empty stomach, then a nice breakfast (never skip it!) and on to the gym again to train my clients. I teach Yoga 3x week at 12 noon. This gives me a chance to slow down my frantic pace and take a different approach to the day. I meditate, and then train more clients in the evening. I usually leave the early hours after noon to train myself with weights. During competition times I double up at night too with more cardio but off season I enjoyed a slower pace of training but more intensity. I eat often, about 4-5 meals off season and 6-7 during competition times. When I get home at night I usually cook for the next day, watch my favourite show on TV and cuddle with my furry companions: I share my home with a pit bull and a Chiuaua, a cat and a parrot….yes, it’s never quite!! But I love it this way!

Please tell me about what you do when you don’t work out ( hobbies, what do you do to relax?, etc.)
When I don’t work out I am pretty much a home body. I love to cook and bake!! I spend time with my animals, attending to their needs, shopping for their food and toys, chatting on line with other muscle lovers!! I love to lounge with my favourite cup of Vanilla Chai tea. I watch movies and call friends!

What do you enjoy most about the bodybuilding/fitness lifestyle?
I love it that it keeps me on my toes. I feel ALL is aligned when I am preparing for a show. My food, my training, my tanning, my supplements, ALL is on target! I feel in control and I see the results! Everything gets done and well too! This lifestyle suites me!

Tell me something interesting about yourself, something people may be surprised to hear.
Well…under this thick armour of muscles hides a very sweet, pussy cat!! People see me as a big pitbull ready to attack (at least they make me feel that way) and they assume that just because I got muscles I am a fighter or a violent person, and I wanna kick your ass…but really, I am a sweetheart! A big kitty cat. I love to snuggle up! I am very touchy, very physical and I love physical contact.

What are your competition goals or personal future goals?
I am currently training for the Nationals next year. Being a big girl I promised I would come in SHREDDED this time and snatch that overall title!! Wish me good luck!

Giulia does not do sessions or wrestling of any kind. Please don't ask!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Simulations | MLB Baseball Tickets | NFL Football Tickets | Concert Tickets | NCAA Football Tickets | NCAA Bowl Tickets | NCAA Basketball Tickets | Hybrid Cars MySpace | Hybrid Cars

Super Bowl Party - Bauer's Pure Rush Video

Havana is the scene of the first party and is known for its view of Miami and its couches and cigar bar.